Your privacy matters!
- I will not share your info without your express permission unless legally obligated to do so.
- A common example might be a cross-promotion with another author, where I email you ahead of time to ask if you'd like to opt-in to participate.
- An uncommon example might be if the Feds provide a warrant saying you're on their Top 10 Most Wanted list.
- I do use plugins for website functionality and email sign-ups; and Google Analytics is installed so I can see how visitors like yourself use the website (so I can improve layout, etc.). However, I believe your privacy is as valuable as my own, so I will never install anything that doesn't serve a specific purpose for: a) function of site, or b) basic user analytics.
- Your internet browser (Chrome, Safari, etc) includes the ability to delete tracking cookies (small bits of code) whenever you leave a website. Instructions vary by browser, but in Chrome you can navigate to Settings > Advanced > Privacy & Security > Clear browsing data to select your preferences.
- I may have revenue-generating affiliate links. The most obvious example would be links to my own books for sale; but if you were to click from my website (or an email) and end up purchasing another item, I still might receive compensation from that vendor/retailer.
- If that bothers you, no worries at all! Just use your cursor to hover over the link prior to clicking, and look for a small field in the lower left of your computer window...that should show you the exact web address/destination so you can open a new browser window and type the web address (without all the affiliate code gibberish).
- You can unsubscribe from the VIP Reader list quickly and easily by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email. You can also click here and submit the contact form to reach me; but please type "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the comments field so I know what you'd like me to do!
I think that covers the main points, but if you have any questions, please email me. Thanks!